- LocationNatural Science Building #615
- Foster field experts with systematic expertise
- Cultivate innovative talents who can analyze and solve problems from a new perspective
- Foster pioneers who respond flexibly to change and constantly challenge
The Department of Landscape Architecture promotes desirable relationships between humans and the environment based on social and natural sciences. It is a comprehensive science and arts discipline based on a thorough understanding of various academic fields such as urban planning and architecture, civil engineering, biology, and sociology. The Landscape Architecture major program aims to cultivate competent environmental planners and architects who can solve various problems in the relationship between nature and humans.
The major program fosters experts in the environmental fields of creative thinking based on basic expertise with the goal of training human resources with conscientious and interdisciplinary skills required by the 21st century. Moreover, in order to cultivate practical working-level talents, it focuses on cultivating landscape experts with field-based problem-solving skills and collaborative abilities with a wide array of fields. It is a major program that presents future-oriented solutions to technology development, planning, design, policy, and system through various investigations and analyses to make the city and environment surrounding humans comfortable and sustainable, and conducts a variety of research based on practice.
Career paths after graduation
- Large construction companies (Hyundai, Samsung, GS, POSCO, Daelim, Daewoo Construction).
- Large-scale engineering (DohwaㆍYooshinㆍKorea Engineering), central government (Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport, Ministry of Environment, Ministry of Public Administration and Security, Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs, Korea Forest Service, Cultural Heritage Administration, Rural Development Administration).
- Local government (Landscaping, forest), public corporation (Korea Land and Housing Corporation, Korea Expressway Corporation, Korea Water Resources Corporation, Korea Rural Community Corporation).
- Public organization (Korea Institute of Arboretum Management, Korea Forest Welfare Institute).
- Companies relating to landscaping industry, environmental restoration, and cultural property repair, forestry corporation management, overseas landscaping related companies.